QEMU-based MacOS 9.2.1+ operating systems have no sound, audio not supported

Hi @Cynde_Moya, yes, as you say, this is a well-known upstream issue with QEMU that the mainstream releases do not support audio output when running Mac OS 9 or OSX systems. Experimental support for sound in Mac OS 9 is only available in the “screamer” fork referenced in the instructions you link.

I don’t believe it would be possible, even with direct access to the EaaSI server, to build the QEMU fork on your AusEaaSI machine and make it selectable in the Emulator settings for relevant Environments. OpenSLX would have to create and publish a version of their qemu-eaas emulator template that uses the “screamer” fork instead of a mainline QEMU release, to make it compatible with the EaaS back-end and available to import into EaaSI deployments. I will have to pass along your request (or you could post an Issue on that GitLab repository), but I can’t estimate the timeline as expanding the number and capabilities of the currently available emulator templates is not an EaaSI program development priority at the moment.