Can't save text to OS Settings metadata fields on the left

Deployment: Are you using the hosted EaaSI service, or a local node?
Hosted

EaaSI Version: This corresponds to the release branch/installer version used to deploy your instance. This information should be available in the Manage Node menu, if accessible

Browser: The name and version of the browser you are using to access the EaaSI UI, if applicable
Safari 14.1.1

Description: Please describe your issue in as much detail as possible, including name + ID of any relevant environments, software or content. You can also attach screenshots or relevant error report files.

I can’t actually save any information to the configuration metadata on the left.

In “I made these changes to OS settings…” I can type into both fields, but when try to click “Add To Environment Metadata”
it says both fields are required and erases what I wrote.

Are you able to reproduce the issue or did it happen once? What steps can you take to repeat the issue? What did you expect to occur and what was the actual outcome?

Happens every time.

Urgency: If possible, please give an indication of how urgently the issue needs to be addressed - is there a timeline or deadline (e.g. upcoming demo, researcher request, etc.) that EaaSI support staff should be aware of?
Not urgent.

Hi @hhsu11, thank you for filling this out - it is a known issue with the current EaaSI web interface, including the hosted service, that the OS Settings metadata fields on the Emulation Access interface are non-functional at this time.

The eventual intention is that these fields will be plugged in to the system database and allow better description of resources by letting users record details about them while an emulation session is running. But development on other parts of the web interface jumped ahead of work on the database, so these fields are basically dummy/placeholder text to signal our future intentions for workflows.

We realize this has wound up being confusing, and we may end up removing these fields entirely for a time until they are functional, but for now such a fix is relatively low on the priority list while we address less cosmetic problems.

Thanks Ethan. I guess we can close this bug report.

1 Like