- Private Environment resources can not be deleted
Individual users should be able to delete private Environment resources that they have not yet shared with their organization, and Admin-level users should be able to delete Environment resources that have not yet been shared to the Network. Update pending.
- The “X” button on the Emulation Project screen does not individually clear resources from the Project
Users should be able to remove individual resources from the Emulation Project instead of using the “Clear All” selection. Update pending.
- Running Processes display across hosted service tenancies
The “Running Processes” page and pop-ups display actions from across the entire hosted service, regardless of which organization the currently logged-in user belongs to. Hosted service users currently share computing resources, so to a degree this allows users to know if there are running actions that may affect the performance of shared/pooled cloud computing power. Ideally however, Running Processes should be limited to actions taking place within the user’s organization, and using their assigned compute resources. Update pending.
- Usernames must be unique across tenancies in a single deployment of the hosted service
Namespaces should be unique within each organization/tenancy of the hosted service. This would allow, for instance, a single person/user to potentially be able to log in to multiple organizations. Update pending.
- No UI/visible distinction between Environments and Content Environments
Content Environments (Environment resources with mounted + saved Content resources) should be more visibly distinct in the interface. (Content Environments can/should not be Published to the Network, so this distinction should be clear at a glance). Update pending.
- Content and Software resources are private to user, not visible to other users in the same organization/tenancy
User-imported resources should at first be private and visible/useable only to themselves, then shareable (by choice) to other users within the same organization/tenancy, without publishing across nodes to the entire Network. Updates to enable this workflow pending.
- UI error when saving changes to a private Environment: "NavigationDuplicated"
As far as we can tell, this does error does not actually prevent changes/edits from being made. Edits persist after closing the error window. This seems to be a purely cosmetic issue.
- "Fork" Environment action on History tab of Environment Details pages is not functional
“Forking” an Environment at an earlier point in its revision history should produce a (private) copy of the Environment at the point of the selected revision. Update pending.
- Placeholder metadata on Environment details and Access Interface pages
Some aspects of the interface design have future updates in mind: that is, the ability to add further descriptive metadata about Content, Software, and Environment resources. In particular the Access Interface displays quite a lot of filler/placeholder text asking the user to describe changes made to an Environment or details about Software or Content that were made visible only by running in emulation. These fields are not yet functional and should only be taken as a sign of intent and a potential future direction for description practice.