My departure from EaaSI and Yale

As some of you have already heard, next week will be my last working on the EaaSI program. On November 14, I am returning to AVP as a senior consultant. I’m sad to leave EaaSI behind, but after five years leading the program it is time for a change. I’m so proud of the work we’ve accomplished in my time as program manager and co-PI. We’ve endured many difficulties, COVID-19 chief among them, and still come out ahead. This is a testament to the incredible team working on the program and the community we’ve built around EaaSI. Working with this group has been a highlight of my career and I can’t wait to see where their work leads next. I’ll still be keeping tabs on the program and will continue to participate in SPN activities as much as I can, so this isn’t the last you’ll see of me. I’m sure our paths will cross again soon.

Euan started the process of finding my replacement in the last few weeks. Keep an eye out for the announcement of the job posting and if you’re interested, I would encourage you to apply. Or please forward the posting to potential candidates. EaaSI is entering an exciting new chapter as the team attempts to implement the tool as a subscription service for the existing community and other interested groups. The program needs a visionary leader who can navigate this shift and help the service sustain itself.

In the meantime, I know Euan and Ethan will capably manage the program until a replacement is found. If you have any questions about my departure or future plans for the service, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.

Best,

Seth