Good morning! I’m happy to share that Yale University is now accepting applications for the position of Software Preservation Program Manager. This is the same post recently vacated by Seth Anderson and is responsible for managing and growing the EaaSI program of work.
The Software Preservation Program Manager will manage:
- The budget of the EaaSI program of work
- The computing infrastructure supporting EaaSI’s development and the hosted cloud instances of EaaSI
- The software development process for the EaaSI software, including working with a team of developers predominantly based in Europe
- The work of the Software Preservation Analyst (myself) who reports to the Program Manager
- Communications, outreach, and marketing of the program with a goal of increasing the user base and ensuring an engaged and active community of users and contributors
This position reports to the Digital Preservation Manager and is predominantly remote (as is the rest of the Digital Preservation Services department); no on-campus office will be assigned.
The position has grant-based funding through June 2024 with a strong possibility of moving to organizational funding following this. Per the information included in the job listing, the Software Preservation Program Manager has been assigned to the Managerial & Professional class Compensation Grade 24, which has a wage range of $66,000 to $111,300. We will update this post with any further clarification as needed/possible.
Please feel free to contact myself or anyone on the team with any questions or concerns regarding the job listing and the application process. And do feel free to share widely!