Error when install from scratch

Deployment: hosted EaaSI service
EaaSI Version: release branch

Description: I try to make a new installation from scratch.
Ubuntu 18
python2 : 2.7.17
pytohn3 : 3.6.9
pip : 21.3.1
ansible : 2.11.6
docker : 20.10.11
docker-compose : 1.29.2
rust : 1.57

To pass the prepare.sh i must use this patch : Deploy failing on cryptography build

And when i deploy i have this error :

here yalm file and log from deploy :
eaasi.yaml (1.2 KB)
deploy.txt (26.6 KB)

Are you able to reproduce the issue or did it happen once? I try three time on real pc and virtualbox vm and i have the same result.

Hello @jeremy - forgive the delay in responding, but we were quite close to completing a new release and deprecating the eaasi-installer version and EaaSI components you were trying to use above (such dependency problems being just one reason for the deprecation)

There is a new tagged version (v2021.10) of the eaasi-installer now available, please either:

• initialize a new installer by running git clone https://gitlab.com/eaasi/eaasi-installer and then ./git-pull.sh origin v2021.10
  • update your existing eaasi-installer repository by running ./git-pull.sh && ./git-pull.sh origin v2021.10

Note that this will fetch a new eaasi.yaml.template and you should use it to update your eaasi.yaml accordingly before trying again to deploy. You can see details along with other updated steps to get started in the Handbook: Setup and Deployment — EaaSI documentation

As we noted yesterday in the release notes, over 600 GitLab tasks and bugs were fixed since the 2020.03 version you were attempting to use above, so the new release will provide far better and more stable performance, and is the only deployment we will provide support for from this point on.

Thanks for your answer.

I test all that soon.

Hello @ethan.gates

I tried local mode and normal mode and i have this message :
TASK [eaas-server : compare user-defined secret] *******************************
fatal: [eaas-gateway]: FAILED! => changed=false
assertion: secret == usrsecret
evaluated_to: false
msg: Changing existing secret is currently not supported!

How i can pass this step?

Hello @jeremy - this error would happen if there is an attempt to manually change (probably in eaasi.yaml ) a password/secret for one of EaaSI’s components either from a previous installation or from one (possibly aborted) installation or upgrade attempt to another. Attempting to change the “superadmin” keycloak user (the “initial user” in the previous, 2020.03 release configuration settings) password is the most likely culprit.

1. If you do not need to keep Environments, Software, Content, or users from a previous installation, we would strongly suggest wiping/deleting the entire EaaSI install and starting from scratch using the v2021.10 branch of the eaasi-installer

2. If you do need to keep Environments, Software, Content, etc., you could attempt the following to get past the error you are seeing:

• On the target machine, inside the EaaSI install directory, navigate to <eaasi>/config/keycloak/secrets/. There should be a file containing the superadmin password set by either a previous installation or a previous, aborted attempt at running the installer. Make sure that this password matches the admin_password setting under the keycloak block in your eaasi.yaml, copy/paste from the secret file to your configuration if necessary and run the deploy script again.

• If you need or want to change this secret for whatever reason, you can manually delete the secret file and then also re-run the deploy script with a new password/secret of your choice defined by admin_password in the eaasi.yaml.

• In both cases, please make sure that the keycloak admin_password is the only password manually defined anywhere in the eaasi.yaml. Trying to manually set passwords/secrets for other components, for instance the minio block, is technically possible but not supported at this time.

If none of the above solutions or approaches work, please provide the full deployment text/log again, as you did before, so we can see from the context exactly which secret is causing the failure. I would not recommend posting both hosts.yaml and eaasi.yaml configurations together publicly, since that provides both machine details and admin credentials; if necessary I will ask you to send your eaasi.yaml again to us in a private message!

Thanks i wiping all install and restart from scratch.

I have this error now :
TASK [ensure eaas-server is restarted] ****************************************************************************************************************
fatal: [eaas-gateway]: FAILED! => changed=false
msg: |-
Unable to start service eaas.service: Job for eaas.service failed because the control process exited with error code.
See “systemctl status eaas.service” and “journalctl -xe” for details.

here the systemctl :
systemctl status eaas.service
● eaas.service - EaaS Service runing at /eaasi
Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/eaas.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: activating (start-post) since Thu 2022-01-20 10:42:56 CET; 48s ago
Process: 18805 ExecStartPre=/eaasi/hooks/runner.sh pre-start (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
Main PID: 18807 (docker-compose); Control PID: 18808 (sh)
Tasks: 5 (limit: 4632)
Memory: 63.0M
CGroup: /system.slice/eaas.service
├─18807 /usr/local/bin/docker-compose --project-name eaas --file ./docker-compose.yaml --file /eaasi/eaasi-ui/docker-compose.yaml up
├─18808 sh /eaasi/hooks/runner.sh post-start
├─18811 sh ./01-update-keycloak-config.sh
├─18820 /usr/local/bin/docker-compose --project-name eaas --file ./docker-compose.yaml --file /eaasi/eaasi-ui/docker-compose.yaml up
└─19211 sleep 1s

janv. 20 10:42:56 savmeaasi systemd[1]: Starting EaaS Service runing at /eaasi…
janv. 20 10:42:56 savmeaasi runner.sh[18805]: [HOOKS] No pre-start hooks found!
janv. 20 10:42:56 savmeaasi runner.sh[18808]: [HOOKS] Running post-start hooks…
janv. 20 10:42:56 savmeaasi runner.sh[18808]: [HOOKS] → 01-update-keycloak-config.sh
janv. 20 10:42:57 savmeaasi docker-compose[18820]: Pulling keycloak (jboss/keycloak:15.0.2)…
janv. 20 10:43:00 savmeaasi docker-compose[18820]: 15.0.2: Pulling from jboss/keycloak

**and journalctl : **
journalctl -xe
– The unit eaas.service has entered the ‘failed’ state with result ‘exit-code’.
janv. 20 10:42:56 savmeaasi systemd[1]: Failed to start EaaS Service runing at /eaasi.
– Subject: L’unité (unit) eaas.service a échoué
– Defined-By: systemd
– Support: Enterprise open source support | Ubuntu
– L’unité (unit) eaas.service a échoué, avec le résultat failed.
janv. 20 10:42:56 savmeaasi systemd[1]: eaas.service: Scheduled restart job, restart counter is at 8.
– Subject: Le redémarrage automatique d’une unité (unit) a été planifié
– Le redémarrage automatique de l’unité (unit) eaas.service a été planifié, en
– raison de sa configuration avec le paramètre Restart=.
janv. 20 10:42:56 savmeaasi systemd[1]: Stopped EaaS Service runing at /eaasi.
– Subject: L’unité (unit) eaas.service a terminé son arrêt
– L’unité (unit) eaas.service a terminé son arrêt.
janv. 20 10:42:56 savmeaasi systemd[1]: Starting EaaS Service runing at /eaasi…
– Subject: L’unité (unit) eaas.service a commencé à démarrer

– L’unité (unit) eaas.service a commencé à démarrer.
janv. 20 10:42:56 savmeaasi runner.sh[18805]: [HOOKS] No pre-start hooks found!
janv. 20 10:42:56 savmeaasi runner.sh[18808]: [HOOKS] Running post-start hooks…
janv. 20 10:42:56 savmeaasi runner.sh[18808]: [HOOKS] → 01-update-keycloak-config.sh
janv. 20 10:42:57 savmeaasi docker-compose[18820]: Pulling keycloak (jboss/keycloak:15.0.2)…
janv. 20 10:43:00 savmeaasi docker-compose[18820]: 15.0.2: Pulling from jboss/keycloak

it’s also the same problem?