a local node
2020.03 to 2021.10
chromium on linux
When trying to run the update following the documentation here
I kept running in to an issue where it was saying that I had uncommitted changes within a submodule. I should not have changed any contents on my control/deployment machine that hosts the installer so I didn’t understand this. I ended up just performing a git checkout on the affected portion (the docker directory in eaasi-installer/eaas/ansible/docker):
error: Your local changes to the following files would be overwritten by checkout: docker/alpine/Dockerfile docker/ansible/data/installer.sh docker/ansible/data/py-deps.txt Please commit your changes or stash them before you switch branches. Aborting Submodule path 'eaasi-ui/ansible': checked out 'b1de8a68a7ca76450bc5959f9e9a42eea3f8938c' Unable to checkout '60885d444fce169e7e342963c74dc7b58452dc1c' in submodule path 'eaas/ansible'
After performing the git checkout updating the template to my configurations and uncommenting the update lines on the bottom, the gitpull.sh script worked. I ran the update.sh script and it worked until it got to the portion about spinning up the database and I received the error i’ve included as a txt file
eaasi-dockerdb-error.txt (5.7 KB)
After hanging for a while it said: “Error response from daemon: Container e8802f56c6b758dc6125f7869307c99d0aea7637416430beacf1f5dd7487fb08 is not running”
ERROR: for eaasi-database Cannot create container for service eaasi-database: Conflict. The container name "/eaasi-database" is already in use by container "e8802f56c6b758dc6125f7869307c99d0aea7637416430beacf1f5dd7487fb08". You have to remove (or rename) that container to be able to reuse that name.
There isn’t a place in the config/.eaasi.yaml file where i can update the database name, and I’m not sure if I should because perhaps my data wouldn’t get transferred?
There are only two containers running when I go on to the eaasi target server and run
docker ps, nginx and eaas-custom.
I had a previous issue that I thought was ssl - related but the end suggestion was to wait until the next release.
not sure if there’s any other helpful info about my problem here^
Are you able to reproduce the issue or did it happen once? What steps can you take to repeat the issue? What did you expect to occur and what was the actual outcome?
i can keep trying to run the update script but the same thing happens.
Urgency: If possible, please give an indication of how urgently the issue needs to be addressed - is there a timeline or deadline (e.g. upcoming demo, researcher request, etc.) that EaaSI support staff should be aware of?
We have started talking with a CMU faculty member that would like to put a project done on Hypercards to an emulated instance that has the work of JSG Boggs and the Center for the Advancement of Applied Ethics. They’ve sent us the files, we just need to get them up there but this is what we’re using to re-kickoff our involvement in this project. So the sooner the better, but no real timeline or deadline currently.
Please let me know if there’s any additional information you’d like from me.