Bottom banner of EaaSI is blocking the buttons to save a new environment

Deployment: Are you using the hosted EaaSI service, or a local node? HOSTED
EaaSI Version: This corresponds to the release branch/installer version used to deploy your instance. This information should be available in the Manage Node menu, if accessible
Browser: The name and version of the browser you are using to access the EaaSI UI, if applicable

Description: Please describe your issue in as much detail as possible, including name + ID of any relevant environments, software or content. You can also attach screenshots or relevant error report files.
Following the Pilot instructions, at step 8, went to save the new environment, named it, but couldn’t choose save as the bottom banner of the screen was blocking the save button. Had to save as a revision which isn’t what I wanted.

Are you able to reproduce the issue or did it happen once? What steps can you take to repeat the issue? What did you expect to occur and what was the actual outcome? It only happened once. My workaround is to zoom out of the web page using my browser.

Urgency: If possible, please give an indication of how urgently the issue needs to be addressed - is there a timeline or deadline (e.g. upcoming demo, researcher request, etc.) that EaaSI support staff should be aware of? Not urgent

thanks for reporting @tim.mifsud! I encountered a similar problem at one point during testing but thought we had resolved.

Can you let me know what browser you were using, and what your screen resolution is set to? On my 1920x1080 monitors, the only way I can replicate what you’re describing is by:

1. zooming in to 120% or more on the browser view settings
  2. scrolling the Emulation Access screen all the way down to the bottom of the page (such that the footer is visible)

Either zooming out the browser (as you did) or making sure the emulator itself stays scrolled to the top of the page prevents the “save” modal from disappearing into the footer. But, I wonder if this has to do with your monitor resolution and if we need to be better about explicitly test higher/lower-res views in the future.

1 Like

Hi Ethan,
Many laptops here in Australia (as mine does) still use the 1024x768 resolution. It is a HP Pavilion cw1038au model.
Anyway, I think it is sorted now. But it was weird that it popped up and it caused another issue which I will expand on in the other ticket.

1 Like

Ah ha, yes, the 1024x768 resolution seems likely the source of the problem then. I can confirm, our suggested workaround for now would be to temporarily zoom out the browser, but I will file a ticket with our dev team to make sure our interfaces are more agnostic regarding monitor aspect ratio!