Mouse tracking in Windows 95 environment is very poor running EaaSI on Safari on macOS mojave

Hi @hhsu11, I am sorry that you are having a particularly difficult experience with the mouse input.

Generally, yes, we test EaaSI the most thoroughly with Chrome and Firefox, and recommend one of those browsers for best experience and full supported functionality. I would be interested to know if using a browser alternative improves your experience here, but we have encountered low latency in Chrome and Firefox too, so it is likely unrelated.

The EaaSI platform currently serves remote desktop audio and video (of the remote Linux container running the emulator) over HTTP via Apache Guacamole. So, performance can vary a bit depending on factors like your own wifi/ethernet connection, but even under ideal circumstances there will likely always be a degree of lag in user input delivering AV this way. We are working on alternatives to allow for more precise input, including delivering remote desktops via XPRA server rather than Guacamole by default, or even better allowing for video delivery via WebRTC.

Until these bigger, infrastructural improvements are made, mouse input can usually be improved (at least on PC/x86-based environments) by using QEMU’s emulated usb-tablet or usb-mouse device rather than its default emulated PS/2 mouse. Windows 95 unfortunately didn’t have USB capability and drivers until its very last release (Windows 95 C - OSR 2.5) though, so there is not much we can do with any OS earlier than that.

So, this is ultimately related to your other issue with our missing Windows 95 C - OSR 2.5 environment. It is usually my recommendation to use that base Environment for exactly this reason, to improve the latency on the mouse, but as you’ve noted that Environment is missing. I will attempt to address and fix that separately!